PER application process transformation
We are pleased to announce we are updating the Practical Experience Requirements (PER) for CIMA membership.
We developed the new practical experience requirements and the process for recording your experience and applying for membership in consultation with employers, students, and members. We ran a pilot in 2021 with over 500 students to trial the new PER application process. It was a resounding success. The pilot gave us a good opportunity to ensure the new process worked, and to get feedback for implementation. We had lots of positive feedback like this:
‘I think it is more relevant than the current PER process - it makes you think about your tasks and how your experience applies to CIMA membership’
We are now launching the new PER application process and you can submit your PER application using the new format. For a short period, we will be accepting applications under the previous postal and online processes from students who have been working towards these criteria and are nearly ready to submit their applications. These older processes will gradually be withdrawn and later this year only the new 2022 PER application process will be available. The new PER application process will be initially an email route using a Word template. A fully online solution will be launched later this year.
What changes will you see as we transition?
Over the next 6 months there are several changes happening to get the new process in place.
- The new PER application process will be introduced on 31 March 2022 for submission by email. This will use a Word template which was trialled during the pilot.
- We will be decommissioning the two existing PER application processes.
- The Existing (paper based) process will close on 31 May 2022
- Face to Face sessions will end by 31 May 2022
- The Updated (online) application process will continue until Q3 2022
- We will be launching the new online PER application process in Q3 2022. We'll be in touch closer to the time to provide more details about the system and how to complete the application online rather than in the Word template.
How to choose the right PER application process for you?
- I have not started my PER application. You have 2 options:
- I have a partially completed application using the existing (paper based) application process
Look at how much you have completed already.
- If you think you can submit your application by 31 May 2022 then continue with your current application
- If you think you need more time, but will be able to submit your application by Q3 2022 then either:
- If you think you will be submitting after Q3 2022, we recommend preparing with the new PER application form which you will then be able to transfer online once this option becomes available. Find out more
- I have a partially completed application using the updated (online) application process
- If you think you can submit your application by Q3 2022 then continue with your current application
- If you think you need more time, start with the new PER Word form. Find more information here
New PER process
Updated requirementsClosing Q3 2022
Existing requirementsClosing 31 May 2022