Objective Test Results from November 2019
Whilst we begin to deliver exam results for the 2019 Professional Qualification in November, for an interim period exam results information will look a little different. You will receive one of the following grades:
- marginal fail (an indication of closeness to passing)
- proficient/not proficient (sectional feedback)
You won’t immediately be provided with a scaled score mark.*
We feel it is best to share your result straight away with you, rather than having to wait several months as we build the data set needed to give you a statistically verified scaled score mark.* Providing results straight away will allow you to make decisions on your next steps and move swiftly through the Professional Qualification towards earning your CGMA designation.
Once we build a data set robust enough to be able to offer a fair scaled score mark, we will begin publishing scores for exams going forward.
*Your result will be determined using an assessment industry standard methodology to ensure they are fair, rigorous and robust.
Updates to Case Study exams from February 2020
- You can sit case studies over a three day window. These are based on the most popular days our students sit exams
- The same pre-seen material will be used over two exam windows (May and August/ November and February)
- There will be a one off pre-seen used for the first Case Study exam sitting window in February 2020
- For the final case study re-sit under the 2015 Syllabus, the same pre-seen material will be used from the case study exam taking place in November 2019
As part of our commitment to fairness and inclusivity, as of 1 August 2019, CIMA has removed exemption fees for all new students to ensure that, together, we grow a diverse, dynamic and future-ready profession with you at the heart of it.