Our Future of Finance global research project brings together different organisational views to chart how the finance function is evolving in the digital age, shifting from being a technical function focused on cost to becoming the custodian of organisational value.
For this global research project, our academic and research team consulted (face-to-face interviews, roundtables and a global survey) with more than 5,500 finance professionals, representing over 2,000 public and private organisations of all sizes, in over 150 countries to identify common trends and key themes:
- The changing role and mandate of finance
- Changing technology and finance
- The changing shape of the finance function
- Changing competencies and mindsets
We created individual thought leadership reports for each of the themes and also outlined our vision for the future finance function in our Re-inventing finance for a digital world white paper.
The findings of our Future of Finance global research project informs:
- Future thought leadership
- The CGMA Competency Framework
- The CIMA Professional Qualification, including the syllabus, learning resources and assessment, and practical experience requirements
- Continuous Professional Development requirements and resources
The underlying aim of the research will help guide organisations through an extraordinary time of change and ensure we provide members and students with the right skills and competencies to meet the needs of the modern business world.