When you partner with CIMA®, we can connect your globally competitive university to top employers and prepare your students for a career in business through the CGMA® designation.
We work with you to create new opportunities for your faculty to tap into potential research grants, conference sponsorships, resources and networking opportunities with academics and CIMA members around the world.
Becoming a CIMA University Partner
CIMA University Partners are select universities that offer their students the chance to gain a globally recognised accounting qualification in addition to their bachelor’s or master’s degrees.
Here are some of the main benefits you’ll enjoy as a CIMA University Partner:
- Students sit for CIMA and degree exams together.
- Early award of exemptions.
- Potential to achieve dual awards.
- Demonstrate value and employability.
- Support students beyond their degree.
CIMA global support
The Global CGMA University and Academic Center of Excellence (COE) is working with and providing resources to universities around the world.
By providing these resources to accounting and finance faculty around the world, we will foster innovative business and academic-valued solutions through consultation, partnerships, best practices, policies and training.
Visit our dedicated CGMA Academic Partners website now to find these resources.
CIMA Excellence Awards
The new CIMA Excellence Awards was launched early this year to recognise university and academic partners who have worked tirelessly to equip CIMA-qualified graduates and students for future-ready careers.
Visit our dedicated Excellence Awards website now to follow our journey.
Academic events and trainings
The COE organises regular events and trainings such as the following:
- CGMA Academic Signature events are held to bridge communication between academia and practice.
- CGMA Academic Champion programme brings together a group of highly qualified management accounting academics from different campuses around the world to discover their aspirations which provide insights to tailor our collaboration accordingly.
- CGMA Case Study Analysis trainings in exclusive university partner campuses provide upskilling opportunities on new digital topics found in the CIMA 2019 Professional Qualification such as data analytics and blockchain, cybersecurity and digital strategy.
- CGMA Emerging Leaders Competition for ambitious students supports university partners in their employability agenda. To view the 2020 competition held in Europe, click here.
To be a university partner, you will need to be familiar with the CIMA syllabus
. Once, you have become a university partner, you may wish to use specially curated CIMA syllabus resources in your classroom to encourage your students to pursue dual awards.
Accreditation of higher education programmes
Our new approach to a partnership does not require your programme to be accredited. Instead, we now offer consistent entry points that have proven to yield the best student success in CIMA exams. Entry points will depend on the field of study in a degree especially finance, accounting and business.
To find out how many exemptions your students and graduates are eligible for, click here.
All our University Partners' programmes are listed in the CIMA Exemptions search pages.
Students' success is our priority
Consistent entry points will provide the following benefits to students:
- Focus on student outcome.
- Improve pass rates and progression.
- Increased confidence towards professional exams.
- Enables us to offer more focused study support into one entry point.
Is your assessment strategy changing due to COVID19?
If it is, do not worry because CIMA will not require submission of these changes for exemption purposes therefore, there is nothing to do and your students will not be penalised in any way.