A partnership with CIMA means that together, we are able to connect the dots between the CIMA Professional Qualification and graduate employability. At CIMA, we can provide students with testimonials about careers as finance professionals and support them through their journey from university students to employment. Together, our partnership will strengthen students' aspirations and in turn, meet the needs of the university such as improved students satisfaction and graduate employment numbers.
Benefits of being a partner
The Global CGMA University and Academic Center of Excellence (COE) is working with and providing resources to universities around the world about the value of a career in management accounting and the benefits of CGMA, such as leadership skills, higher salaries and increased core business competencies. By providing these resources to accounting and finance faculty globally, we will foster innovative business and academic-valued solutions through consultation, partnerships, best practices, policies and training.
Visit our dedicated CGMA Academic Partners website now to find these resources.
Academic events and trainings
The COE organises regular events and trainings such as the following:
- CGMA Academic Signature events are held to bridge communication between academia and practice.
- CGMA Academic Champion programme brings together a group of highly qualified management accounting academics from different campuses around the world to discover their aspirations which provide insights to tailor our collaboration accordingly.
- CGMA Case Study Analysis trainings in exclusive university partner campuses provide upskilling opportunities on new digital topics found in the CIMA 2019 Professional Qualification such as data analytics and blockchain, cybersecurity and digital strategy.
To be a university partner, you will need to be familiar with the CIMA syllabus
so as to self-certify for an accreditation status. Once, you have become a university partner, you may wish to use specially curated CIMA syllabus resources in your classroom to encourage your students to pursue a management accounting career and obtain two globally recognised designations (ACMA CGMA).
Applying for accreditation
We welcome applications from all higher education institutions who are providing tertiary level education. All we require is that the programme is recognised at the same level as a UK undergraduate or postgraduate degree. We usually refer to UK NARIC to confirm this.
Our approach to the accreditation process is simple and straight-forward. We now offer consistent entry points that have proven to yield the best student success in CIMA exams. Entry points will depend on the field of study in a degree especially finance, accounting and business.
To do that, we have harnessed a quantitative and qualitative data-driven approach to encourage and safeguard student success in completing the CIMA Professional Qualification. We anticipate that higher education institutions are updating their syllabus (as CIMA constantly does) to ensure that students and graduates have the right skills in an increasingly digital world where rapid changes in technology are creating challenges for the business models of organisations.
All accredited programmes are listed in our Exemptions search pages.
Students' success is our priority
Consistent entry points will provide the following benefits to students:
- Focus on student outcome.
- Improve pass rates and progression.
- Increased confidence towards professional exams.
- Enables us to offer more focused study support into one entry point.