Read our applying for membership brochure for full details of the Practical Experience Requirements (PER).
A minimum of 36 months’ experience is required across the four knowledge areas, with a maximum of 60 months to be evidenced.
At least four competency categories must be selected between Technical and Business skills (with at least one from each) covering the minimum 36 months
- At least 18 months must be at the intermediate, advanced and/or expert levels.
- The remaining 18 months can be gained across foundational, intermediate, advanced and expert levels.
A minimum of one competency category each from People and Leadership skills over 36 months.
- These should be in the context of the technical and business skills and can be gained across foundational, intermediate, advanced or expert levels.
Where you have more than five years’ relevant experience:
- You should upload detailed evidence for a maximum of five years’ experience.
- The remaining experience (outside of the five years) should be recorded in your Career Progression Summary.
CGMA Competency Framework
The Framework consists of four knowledge areas (Technical Skills, Business Skills, People Skills and Leadership Skills) and is underpinned by Ethics, Integrity and Professionalism. Each knowledge area contains a number of competency categories and individual competencies or skills.
Find out more