This accelerated route is open to members of these professional bodies:
- Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India (ICWAI) members and passed finalists.
- Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan (ICMAP) members.
- Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Bangladesh (ICMAB) members and passed finalists.
How does it work?
Eligible individuals are required to take the CIMA Gateway Exam (also known as the Management Level Case Study exam for those who are not on the accelerated route). The CIMA Gateway Exam is:
- a computer based case study exam
- three hours long
- available in four windows a year (refer to the exam timetable for more information)
- assesses knowledge and competencies covered in the Management level of the CIMA Professional Qualification
Once you have passed the CIMA Gateway Exam, you will be granted 11 exemptions that include subjects from the certificate level, operational and management level exams, allowing you to progress straight to the strategic level of the CIMA Professional Qualification.
How much does it cost?
- Your CIMA student registration fee - GBP77
- A fee for each MCS/Gateway exam attempt - GBP155
Please note: the management accountant assessment route is exempt from CIMA's tiered exam pricing structure.
- You must register as a CIMA student (using the ‘gateway route’ option) and submit documents proving your eligibility for this route. Documents you will need to include:
- Complete transcripts (mark sheets) for all stages
- Graduation certificate or a letter from your University confirming completion
- You will be emailed with full details of how to submit your documents to CIMA after completing your registration.
- Once your documents have been reviewed and approved you will then be confirmed onto the gateway route and will be eligible to schedule the CIMA Gateway Exam.
Taking the Gateway exams
Question and Exam tutorial
Our gateway question and exam tutorial gives you hands-on experience of the computer-based assessment method.
Try it now
Note for CIMA students: Whether you're a current or former CIMA student, you may eligible for this route. However, if you have previously attempted and failed any CIMA exam, you must pass that exam subject (or the equivalent in the current syllabus) before you are eligible for this route.
Need more information?
If you're thinking of a career in business, why not leave your details so we can stay in contact while you decide? We'll send you relevant CIMA updates such as industry insights, special offers and careers advice.
Keep me updated