At a glance
- Fast track route designed exclusively for CPFAs
- Exemptions available for eligible candidates
- Become a CGMA in addition to your CPFA designation
On entry, eligible candidates will take the CIMA Gateway exam (also known as the Management Case Study exam). On successful completion candidates will move straight on to the Strategic Case Study exam, bypassing the three Strategic level Objective Test exams.
How much does it cost?
Registration for the CIPFA Gateway costs £600. This includes:
- Registration fee
- First years student subscription fee
- 2 Case Study exam fees
- Exemptions from Certificate level through to Strategic Objective Tests
Case Study exams
Format: computer based
Availability: four windows each year (Feb, May, Aug, Nov) at any of the 5,000 Pearson VUE centres around the world
Length: 3 hours
Marking: human marked
Results: available 5 weeks after the close of the exam window
The Case Study exams are used to test a variety of skills including research and analysis, how to present information, persuasion and communication skills. The move to more Case Study exams has been deliberate to test a wider range of skills and integrated learning across the syllabus.
Case Study exams reflect a real life business scenario, comprising a series of time bound tasks set for students to complete based on pre-seen material.
- Pre-seen material released to tutors: 9 weeks prior to the exam window through Tutor Resource Hub(Tutor log in details required)
- Pre-seen material released to students: 6 weeks prior to the exam window through CIMAconnect (Student contact ID and password required)
Latest exam pass rates
CIMA Case Study exams are essentially virtual business role plays. Therefore, students need to understand their role within the case study exam in order to produce a good answer, demonstrating knowledge and applying skills from across the syllabus.
The focus of Management level is on the medium term and monitoring and implementation of strategy. In the Management/Gateway Case Study exam, your role will be that of a Finance Manager.
Find out more
The focus of Strategic level is on the long term and setting the strategy for the business. In the Strategic Case Study exam, your role will be that of a Senior Finance Manager.
Find out more