How does it work?
Eligible individuals are required to take the Management Case Study exam. The exam:
- is a three hour long computer based case study exam
- is based on pre-seen material which is released on the Study Planner six weeks before the exam (it is your responsibility to access and familiarise yourself with this material before the exam)
- is available in four windows a year (refer to the exam timetable for more information)
- will assesses knowledge and competencies covered in the Management level of the CGMA Professional Qualification
Once you have passed the Management Case Study exam, you will be granted entry to the Professional Qualification at Strategic Level.
How much does it cost?
Masters Gateway - GBP425
- Registration with CIMA
- The first year’s subscriptions fees
- One attempt at the exam (valid for two years)
- Entry to the Professional Qualification at Strategic Level after successfully passing the Management Case Study exam.
Please note: the management accountant assessment route is exempt from CIMA's tiered exam pricing structure.
You must register as a CIMA student (using the ‘gateway route’ option) and submit documents proving your eligibility for this route. Documents you will need to include:
- Complete transcripts (mark sheets) for all stages
- Graduation certificate or a letter from your University confirming completion
You will be emailed with full details of how to submit your documents to CIMA after completing your registration.
Once your documents have been reviewed and approved you will then be confirmed onto the gateway route and will be eligible to schedule the Management Case Study exam.
Taking the exam
Question and Exam tutorial
Our gateway question and exam tutorial gives you hands-on experience of the computer-based assessment method.
Try it now