This resource will explore some of the unique issues concerning budgeting and evaluating, financing, and managing a variety of activities.
In addition to typical capital projects, expenditures such as R&D, IT, advertising, training, and even planned builds in working capital can be viewed as long-term programmes. These all consume cash in anticipation of future pay out.
CGMA professionals can use this tool to help:
- Compare evaluating long-term projects with an acquisition.
- Discuss the role of budgeting.
- Examine the impact of capital projects on cost structure.
- Explore IRR as an evaluation tool and compare it to the present value approach.
- Understand the basic concepts of financing and hedging.
Find out more