This report shows how leading organisations have transformed their finance functions to help improve their business’ performance.
New analysis of survey data conducted by the CIMA centre of excellence at the University of Bath school of management finds that SMEs have not transformed their finance functions, and do not engage management accountants to support decision making to the same extent as leading organisations.
Is this a missed opportunity for this important sector?
This report covers:
- the roles of accountants in organisations
- the relentless drive to improve efficiency
- the demand for better management information
- the need for finance to become more influential
- the implications for people development.