Islamic banking is seen as an alternative to traditional finance.
With the Islamic banking market valued at over USD1.1 trillion, combined with the estimated growth rate of up to 20% year on year, the need for human capital to bring Islamic finance to the level at which it deserves and meet its markets demands is higher than ever. At least 50,000 professionals are needed within the industry over the next seven years.
‘There is a real global shortage of people with demonstrable expertise in the complexities of Islamic finance’
Dr Mohd Daud Bakar, renowned Syariah expert, and president
and CEO of the International Institute of Islamic Finance
Islamic finance, with its emphasis on ethical finance, is suitable for both Muslims and non Muslims.
A career in Islamic finance requires unique management skills and knowledge. Professionals in this field must ensure that all financial activities are carried out in accordance with Shari'ah principles, and the standards, guidelines and best practices established by governing bodies.
Our award-winning qualifications
To help fuel growth in Islamic finance, and to help the industry meet its shortage of qualified professionals, CIMA's Islamic finance qualifications are designed to appeal to both those who are completely new to this area of finance, and those who are fully experienced and are keen to develop their expertise to a higher level.
CIMA's Islamic Finance qualifications have won awards to recognise their world-leading status in the industry:
- 'Best training institution' at the 2015 Islamic Business & Finance Awards for our outstanding contribution towards the training and education of professionals in the field of Islamic finance.
- 'Best Islamic finance education provider 2013' from the Global Islamic Finance Awards (GIFA) committee.
The qualifications in Islamic finance are all self study, distance learning qualifications which allow you to progress at your own pace.
Taught options are available through CIMA’s approved partners. Enrolment is directly through CIMA, or through one of our approved partners.
Who should enrol?
Professionals from finance, accountancy and law, to those in manufacturing, fossil fuel extraction and almost any other industry or sectors seeking to trade or who seek finance for future investment in a Shari’ah compliant manner need to improve their skills and credentials.
Who will benefit?
A wide variety of professionals can benefit from these qualifications, including:
- those currently working in Islamic finance who want to hone their skills and broaden their knowledge
- anyone wishing to enter the financial services sector and specialise in this dynamic subject area
- legal and accounting professionals who advise on Islamic issues
- companies seeking to trade or raise finance in a Shari’ah compliant manner
- anyone with a general interest in Islamic finance.
Find out more:
Click here to find out many of the frequently asked questions about our Islamic Finance qualifications.