The diploma comprises of the following certificates:
Certificate in Islamic Commercial Law
- Introduction to Islamic commercial law as it relates to Islamic finance.
- The sources of the Islamic commercial law including the Qur’an and the traditions of the Prophet Mohammad.
- The methodologies used to solve modern problems in Islamic finance.
- Shari’ah compliance and the importance of the Shari’ah standards.
Certificate in Islamic Banking and Takaful - products and services
- The developments which have taken place with regard to Islamic financial institutions and systems.
- The main source of funds available to banks and how these sources are rewarded.
- The various products developed by Islamic banks for their customers.
- The products and services offered under Takaful and issues relating to underwriting, deficits, surpluses and Retakaful.
Certificate in Islamic Capital Markets and Instruments
- The differences between conventional and Islamic capital markets.
- The primary and secondary capital markets.
- Regulation within the Islamic capital market.
- Screening processes used in accepting/ rejecting Shari’ah compliant products.
Certificate in Accounting for Islamic Financial Institutions
- The reporting framework and standards of Islamic financial institutions.
- The analysis and classification of Islamic funding and financing transactions.
- How transactions adopting different contracts of financing are reported in the Islamic financial statements.
- Financial accountability and Shari’ah compliance of Islamic financial institutions.