Certificate in Islamic commercial law
- introduction to Islamic commercial law as it relates to Islamic finance
- the sources of the Islamic commercial law including the Qur’an and the traditions of the Prophet Mohammad
- the methodologies used to solve modern problems in Islamic finance
- shari’ah compliance and the importance of the shari’ah standards.
Certificate in Islamic banking and takaful – products and services
- the developments which have taken place with regard to Islamic financial institutions and systems
- the main source of funds available to banks and how these sources are rewarded
- the various products developed by Islamic banks for their customers
- the products and services offered under takaful and issues relating to underwriting, deficits, surpluses and retakaful.
Certificate in Islamic capital markets and instruments
- the differences between conventional and Islamic capital markets
- the primary and secondary capital markets
- regulation within the Islamic capital market
- screening processes used in accepting/ rejecting shari’ah compliant products.
Certificate in accounting for Islamic financial institutions
- the reporting framework and standards of Islamic financial institutions
- the analysis and classification of Islamic funding and financing transactions
- how transactions adopting different contracts of financing are reported in the Islamic financial statements
- financial accountability and shari’ah compliance of Islamic financial institutions.