Who are the certificates for?
These qualifications will be valuable for newcomers and professionals operating in a range of industries. There is no entry criteria for these certificates.
They are designed to give two significant market advantages:
- the professional recognition of a CIMA international qualification
- demonstrable expertise in the complex, fast growing world of Islamic finance.
What you’ll gain
The individual certificates will give you skills in Shari'ah compliance and the complexities of the contracts that underpin this compliance.
You will also develop confidence in the use of the contracts that underpin Islamic finance, and the terminology that sets Islamic finance apart from conventional finance.
Course modules and study method
The CIMA certificates in Islamic finance are self study, distance learning qualifications that allow you to progress at your own pace.
A taught option is available with some of CIMA’s partners. You can enrol directly through CIMA or one of our approved partners in your region.
There are four certificates to choose from:
|Certificate in Islamic commercial law
|Certificate in banking and takaful
|Certificate in Islamic capital markets and Instruments
|Certificate in accounting for Islamic financial Institutions
Each has a detailed study guide which includes all the support you need to complete the final assessments.
Each study guide offers:
- a comprehensive syllabus
- step-by-step subject coverage directly linked to specific learning outcomes
- fusion between theory and practice
- chapter summaries
- a user-friendly glossary of Islamic finance terms
- extensive question practice
- revision sections for each chapter
- a full length mock examination at the end of each guide
- the possibility of completing all four assessments in two to six months, depending on your prior knowledge and experience.
You must pass a computer based final assessment to gain each of the four certificates. Each assessment has between 40 and 50 multiple choice questions. The pass mark for each certificate is 65%.
The assessments can be taken at CIMA-accredited assessment centres around the world.
Study material updates
We update our study materials regularly to reflect the changing environment of Islamic finance. Once you are a registered certificate student you can access this information through your MY CIMA account.
Get 30% off Islamic Finance qualifications until 16 March using the code: DiscoverIF
You can view the Terms & Conditions for the promotion here.