5 November 2020, London – The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (the Association), representing AICPA & CIMA, is offering women in the accounting and finance profession around the globe the opportunity to refine the skills that will help them advance their careers at the reimagined 2020 Women’s Global Leadership Summit Update Live Online on 11 November 2020.
For the first time, the Women’s Global Leadership Summit Europe and USA events are happening on the same day. These half-day virtual events will run back-to-back and feature a variety of sessions and workshops designed to help women build their professional networks, deepen their leadership skills and increase their opportunities for success.
Despite a growing number of women entering the accounting profession, they remain underrepresented among management and partner positions. Over the last 40 years, women have taken a greater interest in the profession, with women now making up 50% of all accounting students at the UK professional bodies and 37% of members according to the Financial Reporting Council’s 2020 Key Facts and Trends in the Accountancy Profession. However, they have not made the same level of progress in advancing within the profession with less than a fifth of all partners being women at the largest firms.
Though the summit is designed to help advance women, men are encouraged to attend to learn how to be better allies to their female colleagues.
- Jenny Okonko, CPA, CGMA, founder of the Black Female Accountants Network (Europe event)
- Kat Cole, president and COO of Focus Brands (USA event)
- Liz Lugt, CA(SA); PSA; CAPA Pro, founder Motivation Leadership (Europe event)
- Tracey Golden, CPA, CGMA, AICPA chair (USA event)
- Deep Bajwa, founder and director of Opulence Events London (Europe event)
- Judy Hoberman, president of Selling in a Skirt/Walking on the Glass Floor (USA event)
- 11 November 2020:
- Europe Event: 12:00PM-4:15PM GMT
- US Event: 5:00PM-11:00PM GMT
- Attendees can register for either event or attend both events.
- Leading from The Middle: Developing Presence and Impact at Any Grade (Europe)
- The Power of a Network: Building Your Support System and Finding Your Tribe (Europe)
- Walking on the Glass Floor: Empowering "Equal - Not Identical" Leadership (USA)•Succeeding Remotely: Progressing Your Career Ambitions by Embracing Impactful Remote Working (Europe)
- Raise Your Voice (USA)
CONFERENCE SCHEDULE: Current information about speakers and conference topics, including the full agenda may be found here.