The exclusive Global C-suite Business and Finance Programme sees candidates sit only for the last exam of the CIMA qualification i.e Strategic Case Study exam.
Upon successful completion of this exam and successful membership application, the candidates will qualify for CIMA membership and earn the professional global designation of Chartered Global Management Accountants (CGMA®).
It is open to all CFOs, CEOs and senior management who wish to enhance their professional standing with the CIMA professional qualification.
Study and qualification
Successful candidates who are accepted into the Global C-suite Business and Finance Programme will attend revision workshops to prepare candidates for the last exam of the CIMA qualification - a three-hour case study exam. The exam primarily involves the application of strategic management accounting techniques to analyse, recommend and support decisions, areas which fall within the job scope of CFOs and senior management.
Why should you join the programme?
This programme will enhance your skillsets in leadership, people and business:
- Build the confidence to lead an agile finance function that is fit for purpose in the digital age.
- Be a strong leader with a broader skillset to influence and inspire those around you.
- Possess the tools to become a strategic business partner with good decision-making skills to create value for your company.
- Sharpen your skills in providing relevant insights for your organisation to stay future-focused.
- Unique opportunity to network with peers around the world.
- Get access to a world-class international trainer with a proven track record in running this programme in the Asia Pacific region.
Learn more about the benefits of the CGMA designation in our members section.
Open to C-suite executives such as CFOs, CEOs and senior management who have at least 10 years of relevant work experience in finance or business functions. Relevant work experience refers to the practical experience requirements specified by CIMA in obtaining CIMA membership and the CGMA designation
Conditions for acceptance into the programme
- The CIMA exam should be attempted within 12 months upon registration with CIMA.
- Selected candidates must submit an application for CIMA membership either before or after sitting for the exam.
How to apply
Complete the application form and submit the following supporting documents:
- Employment CV - covering current and past employment history with detailed explanation of responsibilities and education history
- Highest education document (both certificate and transcript)
- A copy of identification card or passport (crossed 'For CIMA use only' for verification purpose)
Candidates will be contacted if an interview is required.
Deadline for submission of application documents
- February Strategic Case Study – 30 November (previous year)
- May Strategic Case Study – 28 February
- August Strategic Case Study – 30 May
- November Strategic Case Study – 30 August
Strategic case study exam
The strategic case study exam is based upon a case study that is set within a simulated business context relating to one or more fictionalized organisations. The context described in the case study is based on a real business or industry. The case study therefore has no specific syllabus content of its own. It primarily involves the application of strategic management accounting techniques to analyse, accounting techniques to analyse, recommend and support decisions.
Contact us today for more information