CIMA prepares students for a career in business. Unlike other accounting qualifications that train people for external audit and tax issues, CIMA’s syllabus is designed to deliver a strong understanding of all aspects of business so that our members are equipped to provide expertise across varying business functions.
CIMA is valued by some of the world’s top employers including EY, Deloitte, KPMG, PwC, IBM, Accenture and BDO.
These employers train their consultants with CIMA because:
- CIMA provides a good foundation and understanding of finance and business activities
- CIMA is a globally recognised professional qualification
- CIMA demonstrates the competency to clients by their staff adding the CIMA credentials
- CIMA provides a set of professional standards and ethics to their clients
- CIMA helps develop a structured way of thinking, which directly helps in approaching clients issues in a methodical manner
- CIMA provides a wider view of the importance of the finance function within an organisation and not just a pure financial accounting focus