The COE Southeast Asia wants to ensure that management accounting research undertakes ongoing improvements and holds events to help achieve this. Stay tuned for new events.
COE Research Workshop 2016
Preparing research proposals for the CIMA Centre of Excellence (COE) is a daunting task for most. Good research proposals can lead to excellent opportunities and the skill in preparing them can be learnt and improved through practice. In this one day workshop, researchers learnt the various methods and techniques of preparing and delivering a successful research proposal for the COE. We hosted the workshop in several countries:
|18 May 2016
|MAKSI PPAk FEB
Universitas Indonesia, Salemba Campus, Jarkata
|24 May 2016 8.30am-3.30pm
|26 May 2016
|Auditorium ‘A’, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang
|31 May 2016
Level 1, KPMG Tower, Bandar Utama, Petaling Jaya
Research training programme 2015
Together with the European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management, the COE offered an opportunity to management accounting researchers in South East Asia to attend a three-day workshop, similar to an EDEN Doctoral Seminar, in Malaysia. It was held at the One World Hotel, Petaling Jaya, on 20-22 October 2015.
The facilitators were two top management accounting researchers and academics – Professor Chris Chapman and Professor Wai Fong Chua.
COE Research Conference 2015
The CIMA Centre of Excellence (COE) Southeast Asia held its first research conference in Kuala Lumpur on 14 May 2015 and in Jakarta on 20 May 2015.
The conferences were held at our University Partners’ campus at Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia and Universitas Indonesia. We received over 200 participants from both the corporate and academic community.
After starting the COE in 2012, we can finally celebrate and share the fruits of our grant recipients. There were three research projects that were presented at the conference and published into short and easy to read reports (2 pages each). View the reports:
- Building talent for finance and accounting shared services by Dr Aini Aman from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (PDF 395KB)
- Performance management of local government: A comparative study of Malaysia and Indonesia by Dr Siti Nabiha from Universiti Sains Malaysia (PDF 604KB)
- Achieving competitive advantage through knowledge management: Evidence from Malaysian SMEs by Lee Voon Hsien from Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (PDF 421 KB)
Other research projects commissioned by the COE which were presented during the conference included three from the Philippines and one from Malaysia. Their reports have been published as follows:
- Environmental and Sustainability Strategies and Practices of a Malaysian Chemical Company by Dr Ruzita Jusoh from Universiti Malaya
- Carbon Footprint and Green Initiatives of Thanakorn Vegetable Oil Products by Dr Marites Khanser from University of San Carlos
- Managing performance of intellectual property by Dr Corazon G. Anzano from University of San Carlos
- Best practices of a social enterprise in the Philippines by Dr Lauro Cipriano from University of San Carlos (to be published in due course)
Watch the summary video:
The COE panel, researchers and Dr Ian Selby (3rd from right),
Director of R&D, CIMA, at the conference in Malaysia.
The conference in Jakarta
Previous projects awarded grants
Find out more about the projects awarded grants in 2014 (PDF 268KB).
Find out more about the projects awarded grants in 2013 (PDF 85KB).