At a glance:
- Accelerated entry to the CIMA Professional Qualification for selected Master’s programmes
- Skip 11 exams and qualify sooner
- Be equipped with the up-to-date knowledge and practical experience employers are looking for.
If you hold a relevant Master’s degree, you can take the accelerated Master’s Gateway route to the CIMA Professional Qualification. You’ll just need to pass the CIMA Gateway exam, which is a three-hour computer-based case study exam, available four times a year.
Once you’ve passed the CIMA Gateway exam, you’ll be exempt from 11 exams and can progress straight to the strategic level of the CIMA Professional Qualification, the final step towards CGMA status.
As a CIMA student, you’ll have exclusive access to the CIMA Study Panner, the online study support community. There you’ll find free resources such as past papers, practice exams, blogs and discussions about the Master’s Gateway route.
Find out more about the Master's gateway route:
Eligible individuals are required to take the CIMA Gateway Exam (also known as the Management Level Case Study exam for those who are not on the accelerated route). The CIMA Gateway Exam:
- is a computer based case study exam
- is three hours long
- is available in four windows a year (refer to the exam timetable for more information)
- will assesses knowledge and competencies covered in the Management level of the CIMA Professional Qualification
Once you have passed the CIMA Gateway Exam, you will be granted 11 exemptions that include subjects from the certificate level, operational and management level exams, allowing you to progress straight to the strategic level of the CIMA Professional Qualification.
There are two different options for the Master’s gateway:
Master's gateway assessment only - GBP425
- Registration with CIMA
- The first year’s subscriptions fees
- One attempt at the exam
- All 11 exemptions from certificate, operational and management level exams after successfully passing the CIMA Gateway Exam
Please note: the management accountant assessment route is exempt from CIMA's tiered exam pricing structure.
You must register as a CIMA student (using the ‘gateway route’ option) and submit documents proving your eligibility for this route. Documents you will need to include:
- Complete transcripts (mark sheets) for all stages
- Graduation certificate or a letter from your University confirming completion
You will be emailed with full details of how to submit your documents to CIMA after completing your registration.
Once your documents have been reviewed and approved you will then be confirmed onto the gateway route and will be eligible to schedule the CIMA Gateway Exam.
Question and Exam tutorial
Our gateway question and exam tutorial gives you hands-on experience of the computer-based assessment method.
Try it now, click here
Try it now