CIMA has an established centre of excellence (COE) in South Africa to engage innovative research being undertaken in the Southern African region. The COE will collaborate with universities, the public sector and key industry players in this region to ensure the areas of research and related outputs are market driven and relevant.
Outputs will include research reports and cutting edge tools and techniques that will address issues raised by the industry. These solutions will be vital in guiding critical business decisions and driving strong performance in financial and operational reality.
The research, which will be led by CIMA, will help to develop the CIMA brand within the accounting field in this region as well as increase awareness of the benefits of using management accounting tools and concepts to gain a competitive edge. It will also provide CIMA with a better understanding of employers’ needs in the region and help develop a truly global industry relevant syllabus and CPD resources appropriate for local use.
How does it work?
The COE will adopt the same strategy as CIMA’s research and development department and strive to ensure the same level of high calibre, industry and member relevant research that CIMA already produces.
Find out more about the projects awarded grants in 2014 and 2015
The research panel in the South Africa region is represented by:
- Dr. Sanlie Middelberg, PhD (Mgt Acc), MCom (Mgt Acc), ACMA, CGMA, Senior Lecturer, North-West University. Chairperson.
- Dr. Elda du Toit, ACMA, CGMA, PA(SA), DCom (Financial Management), MCom (Financial Management), Post Graduate Diploma in Investigative and Forensic Accounting, BCom (Hons)(Financial Management), BCom (Informatics), Lecturer, University of Pretoria. Deputy Chairperson.
- Mr. Andres Merino, BSc (Econ), MSc (Econ), ACMA, CGMA, Senior Lecturer at the University of the Witwatersrand.
- Mrs Adele Oosthuizen, BCom (Education), BCom Hons (Financial Management), BCom Hons (Accounting), MCom (Financial Management), ACMA, CGMA, CA(SA), Senior Lecturer: University of Johannesburg
- Prof Bienkie Shuttleworth, DCom (Financial Management), MCom (Accounting), Hons BCom (Management Accounting). Head: Graduate Studies and Research in the College of Accounting Sciences, Unisa.
- Mr Roelof Baard, BCom Hons, MBA, Senior Lecturer: Stellenbosch University.
For any queries, please contact email@example.com