Happy New Year to you. I hope you celebrated in good spirits with family and friends.
This is a monumental year for CIMA – a year when we mark our centenary. For 100 years, we have made business better by empowering members, like you, to take organisations beyond expectations. On that strength, we are blazing the path for the next century.
To kick things off, we have lots planned in 2019 to help you go beyond:
- We will release more insights from our extensive Future of Finance research programme to provide you with the knowledge needed to succeed in a digital world.
- The CGMA competency framework will be updated so you can benchmark yourself against the new skills and competencies being demanded by employers.
- New CPD resources in emerging areas are coming on stream, such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, cybersecurity and data analytics, to help you grasp the opportunities they present to business and finance.
- Our jobs board is expanding, with 12,000+ new openings worldwide.
- We will continue engaging with employers, the media, universities, regulators and policymakers throughout the year to drive recognition and respect for CIMA members.
- And finally, there will be the chance to join in our Centenary programme, virtually or in person, with activities taking place around the world to mark CIMA’s 100thyear.
As your President in this special year, I am committed to respecting our great heritage and embracing our future. We have accomplished a lot together but there remains much more to do.
I look forward to celebrating this important milestone with you, the people who make the Institute what it is today.
With very best wishes,
Steve Swientozielskyj, FCMA, CGMA
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants