When you think of Continuing Professional Development (CPD), you often think of structured learning, such as seminars and conferences. You might also think about how much it costs. Eventually, you end up thinking — "Not now".
The truth is that not every CPD comes at a cost. And, guess what? You might already be doing your share of CPD — but just don’t realize it counts. We’ve sourced a suite of online and offline resources that will help you meet your CPD requirements … free!
- Access A to E of digital resources — The A to E of finance learning hub includes carefully curated resources on the “a-e” of digital disrupters affecting the future of finance.
- View Facebook Live videos — Watch various expert interviews exploring various topics affecting the industry from blockchain to future female leaders.
- Read the latest CIMA Insights blog — CIMA Insights is CIMA’s official blog, your source for news, views and opinions affecting the management accounting profession. It covers topics from Integrated Reporting and corporate culture to becoming a better strategic business partner.
- Read the latest Financial Management magazine — This bi-monthly members’ magazine delivers the depth and insight to stay ahead. Both online and in print, it’s your source for management accounting news, in-depth analysis of key business issues and best practices for management accountants.
- Attend a local event — Whether you are looking for training, social or networking events, we run business, finance, management and networking events and short courses around the world.
- Listen to Beyond Disruption podcasts — Get the inside track with exclusive conversations and expert insights into technology and human intelligence from practitioners, thought-leaders and experts in the accounting and finance profession from around the world. This weekly series includes the latest trends in blockchain, artificial intelligence, data analytics, robotic process automation, human intelligence, leadership, people skills and more.
- Learn from robust thought leadership — Read leading-edge research, tools and techniques, and strategic insights from experts on key issues businesses in the global economy face, such as the talent pipeline, risk and performance management and human capital.
- Take a lunch break with a webinar — If you can’t attend an event in person, don’t worry. You can choose from hundreds of relevant and useful online webinars and webcasts to further your CPD. See what topics speak to you.
Make it count — record your CPD today
As you’ll notice, all of these activities don’t require anything but your dedication. In fact, you may have completed one or more of them already. Be sure to make it count — record your CPD online.
There are many ways to engage in CPD and lifelong learning, and each one of them will help you build your specialty and design your career. Find further examples of relevant CPD activities here.
If you have any questions or require more information about your CPD requirements, or using the online CPD tool, feel free to email us.