In today’s climate, leaders are required to enable and empower their colleagues to deliver the necessary results. The finance leader who delegates efficiently and knows how to get the best from his/her people will not only attract and retain talent but will also deliver consistently high quality output.
Who should attend?
For senior finance leaders (and aspiring finance leaders) who need to influence teams, boards and organisations to follow their lead to deliver excellent results in challenging environments.
Two one-day workshops running on:
- 17 September 2019 - Maximising potential and optimising group performance
- 14 November 2019 - Optimising your leadership and teams
You can either book to attend one day or both days.
- Single day only: The early bird rate of £714.00 (£595 + VAT) is available until 3 September 2019 for day one and until 31 October 2019 if booking for day two only. After these dates, the full delegate rate will be £834.00 (£695 +VAT).
- Both days: The early bird rate of £1,194 (£995 +VAT) is available until 3 September 2019. From 4 September the full delegate rate will be: £1,440 (£1,220 +VAT).
If you wish to pay by invoice, please complete and return this booking form.
This workshop will address the following:
Day one (17 September 2019) Maximising potential and optimising group performance:
- How to master the inner game for yourself and help others to do the same.
- Distinguishing between unhelpful negativity and helpful negativity.
- Communication that gets results and fosters willingness and desire in groups.
- Optimising group performance and using techniques to bring them with you.
- How to shift group behaviour to create the culture you want.
Day two (14 November 2019) Optimising your leadership and teams:
- What are the hallmarks of an influential and engaging leadership style and how good are you as a leader?
- How to build trust and credibility with stakeholders
- How to engage with teams to deliver high performance
- How to engage and influence those outside your authority
- How to strengthen personal branding and executive presence? Learn the critical triggers of engagement (the language you use, the stories you tell, the thoughts you leave them with).
Day one - Maximising potential and optimising group performance, 17 September
||Welcome and introduction
||Session 1: World class thinking - mastering the inner game with resilience and motivation for the 'real world'
This session is packed with practical tools and techniques to maximise the personal motivation and potential of delegates so you can drive performance and lead teams and individuals to even more success. Highly motivating and practically orientated, this is session tackles how to get and stay motivated for the long term and be ‘up’ even in challenging and rapidly-changing environments. The session will include:
- strategies and techniques to create resilience and authentic positivity.
- why negativity happens and how to utilise it for the best.
- overcoming knock backs and challenges.
- delegates will learn 'the line', 'hot iron' and the 'SOC' model to master their inner game of success.
Session 2: Persuasion, influencing and getting results for your communications
This session is about maximising the impact of your communications and will help to make communications pain free rather than a constant challenge.
It will cover how to maximise each communication (including difficult messages) without being corny or ‘salesy’ and ensure that conversations are helpful and enjoyable. The session will include:
- picking the right expression to achieve your desired results
- structuring your communications so they work every time
- lateral approaches to communication and challenging discussions
This is a practical and no-nonsense session on the best way to be persuasive in different situations.
Session 3: Optimising team performance
This session is about optimising group performance, achieving objectives and realising the vision by keeping personnel on track and focused on their purpose. Learn to lift team spirits and get the best out of groups even in challenging circumstances. You will learn a combination of tools and techniques for immediate use in your day-to-day environments.
This session provides the softer EQ skills and competencies to be successful in leadership roles, thrive with change, optimise group performance. Each technique focuses on shifting thinking and behaviour to ensure sustainable progress and not ‘lip service/workshop’ answers.
The session will cover:
- the 'ABC' of performance
- the 'Solution Set'
- why individuals and groups don't always do what you want and how to change their thinking and behaviour
- £1,000, £100 and £10 tasks and how to utilise these to increase performance.
This session is focused on developing solutions to real world work challenges and the tools needed to optimise group behaviours and performance.
||Wrap up and close
Day Two - Optimising your leadership and your teams, 14 November
||Session 1: Understanding your leadership style
Analyse your role as a leader and the effectiveness of your leadership style and examine where it helps and where it hinders and how you can finesse your particular style. Find out how to strike the right balance between leading and managing people effectively.
- Examine the five key leadership styles and the one that is natural to you.
- Understand each style's strengths and drawbacks.
- Explore what attracts and detracts from your leadership presence.
- Learn what triggers your critical behaviours and how you can manage them to get the results that you want.
- Study the five optimum behaviours of highly influential leaders and the science of behind these attributes.
||Session 2: Engaging and maintaining high performance teams
- how to motivate
- how to empower and delegate
- how and when to coach or employ different strategies to get the results you need from your team.
||Session 3: Influencing without authority
- handling difficult people and situations.
- how to get things done when teams don't report to you.
- learn how to build coalitions and defuse unnecessary conflict.
- structuring your communications so that everyone listens.
||Wrap up and close
Chris Hughes, Executive Coach, Leadership Development Specialist, The Hughes Company
Committed to achieving the results you want, Chris Hughes is a genuinely warm, humorous and charismatic presenter who through his fusion of style and substance delivers genuinely useful and relevant information in a way that inspires and motivates clients to succeed. Chris has achieved exceptional feedback and sustained results by combining interactive learning with the existing skills and experiences of people in all sectors at all levels; from CEO’s through to front line workers. For over 10 years Chris has worked with numerous partners, finance directors and CFO’s on a 1:1 basis as well as delivering workshops and conferences for finance teams.
Training is implemented using a combination of theory and practical experiential learning via workshops, conferences, 1:1’s and webinars and his memorable, easily to apply tools and techniques are easily put in to practice in the workplace. Crucially they continue to be implemented long after sessions using focussed follow up sessions and/or the use of his exclusive audio recordings.
Chris’ clients include Deloitte, Natwest and RBS, Shell, Statoil, Capita, Barclays, ICAS, Freshfields, NHS, Disney & Ann Summers, Audi, AA, British Gas, Brewin Dolphin, CIM, Phonak & TNS.
Olwyn Merritt, Director, Pure Potential
For 20 years, Olwyn Merritt led senior multi-disciplined teams in fast paced high tech environments. Under her leadership, BT’s Winback and Competitive Response teams generated £130 million in twelve months and a few years later, she created the renowned “Tiger teams” in Energis’s Sales Division and their highly successful Wholesale Division. In 1999, Olwyn set up her own leadership and team coaching consultancy Pure Potential which continues to focus on building leaders and their teams across the world.
Olwyn was a Global Dragon’s Den coach working with top scientists and technologists from China, India, Germany, the UK and the US to bring their innovation to commercial reality and preparing their pitches to the Dragons. She also works in partnership with McKinsey and Wisdom8 on the Marketing Academy Fellows Programme supporting and coaching Chief Marketing Officers moving up into CEO positions. Many of her clients have successfully transitioned from Director to Executive Director, from VP to CFO and from SVP to President while being coached by her.