The CGMA Competency Framework is designed to help management accountants and their employers understand the knowledge requirements and assess the skills needed for both current and desired roles. The framework is underpinned by the need for objectivity, integrity and ethical behaviour, and includes a continuous commitment to acquiring new skills and knowledge. The CGMA Competency Framework is the foundation that will demonstrate the relevance and capabilities of a CGMA as a trusted finance and business strategist.
It is broken down into five key knowledge areas:
- Technical skills - applying technical accounting and finance skills in different business situations
- Business skills - transforming data into insights and strategy
- People skills - how to communicate, influence, negotiate and collaborate
- Leadership skills - building and motivating teams and driving performance
- Digital skills - managing and guiding the finance function in a digital world.
For more information download the full CGMA Competency Framework below.