Format: Online Course (self-study online)
The International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), issued by the International Accounting Standard Board (IASB), are becoming the global accounting standard for how companies prepare financial statements.
The progress towards the goal of a global language for financial reporting is no longer a vision of the IASB. It is reality. Approximately 126 countries require the use of IFRS Standards by public companies, while most other jurisdictions permit the use of IFRS Standards in at least some circumstances.
The IFRS Certificate Programme gives participants the skills to compete effectively in today’s global business environment. A grounding in IFRS will distinguish participants from other accounting and finance professionals and expand their global career opportunities.
- Obtain the necessary proficiency in complex International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) areas including financial instruments and business combinations.
- Acquire a broad overview of key IFRS definitions and concepts
- Apply the fundamental principles of IFRS across a range of accounting topics
- Understand the accounting impact of the latest standards and amendments issued by the IASB
- Fundamental principles of IFRS
- Overview of IFRS definitions and concepts
- Latest standards and amendments issued by the IASB
Field of study: Accounting
Program level: Basic
Prerequisites: Familiarity with financial reporting and accounting principles under IFRS
Advance preparation: None
Designed for: Accounting and finance professionals who perform audits or prepare financial reports and work in the following areas:
- Multinational organisations
- US-based subsidiaries of foreign parent corporations
- US-based parent companies with international subsidiaries that have adopted IFRS
- Public companies
- Large private companies
- Public practice who serve private, public or international companies with audit, preparation, or advisory service
All learning resources available in the CGMA Store qualify for CPD for CIMA members. This course also offers 40.5 hours of CPE credit.
Access: 12 months from purchase date
Note on CPE Requirements and Credits
Returns and cancellation policy