Members of another professional body
The professional gateway route is an accelerated entry route to CIMA open to members and passed finalists of particular professional bodies.
To be eligible, your professional body must be both:
- A member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC)
- An examining body
Find out if your professional body is eligible with our exemptions search.
Current or lapsed CIMA students that are also members of the specified professional bodies may also be eligible for this route.
If you have previously attempted and failed any CIMA exam, you must pass that paper (or the equivalent in the current syllabus) before you are eligible for this route.
How does it work?
This route requires you to sit a three-hour exam held in May and November each year. It assesses your knowledge of the material covered in the management level of the CIMA Professional Qualification.
Once you have passed you will be awarded the CIMA Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting and be granted exemptions from all certificate, operational and management level exams in CIMA Professional Qualification.
Once you pass the assessment, you can then enter the CIMA professional qualification at the strategic level.
Find out more about the gateway exam in our student section.
How much does it cost?
The cost for the professional gateway assessment route is GBP 350, which includes:
- Your CIMA student registration fee
- One attempt at the exam
- All 11 exemptions from certificate, operational and management level exams after successfully passing the gateway exam
To get started you must register as a CIMA student and submit documents proving you are eligible for this route.
The documents you need to submit are:
- Complete transcripts (marksheets) for all stages
- Final certificate showing completion of qualification
Details of how to submit your documents will be emailed to you after you register.
Once we’ve approved your documents you can then register for the gateway exam.
November 2013 exam deadlines
- Register as a student and submit relevant documents: 31 July 2013
- Register for exam entry: 14 September 2013