On completion of the CIMA qualification and becoming a CIMA member, you are automatically entitled to the CGMA designation.
It will add global power to your CV, showcase your value around the world and demonstrate your business acumen, ethics and commitment.
Having the letters CGMA after your name brings huge career benefits, including:
- Global recognition of your experience, commitment and skills by key employers
- Connection to a community of like-minded peers with whom you can share best practice
- Access to CGMA tools, webinars, reports and research that will keep you at the forefront of your profession and give you a competitive edge.
Our research shows that:
- 87% of employers would pay a premium to have a CGMA work for them*.
- CIMA students and CGMAs are represented in 100% of Interbrand’s Best Global Brands 2015 and the FTSE top 100 companies in 2015**
Having these designatory letters tells the world you’re a trusted, business strategist with the ability to connect all aspects of business to drive sustainable success. It says you have a commitment to professional ethics and a code of conduct.
*2014 CGMA Brand Index, AICPA/CIMA/Applied Research and Consulting LLC
Backed by a powerful array of benefits, your CGMA designation will let you stay connected to the pulse of your profession and become a champion for the business.
Find out more
How to become a member
As well as passing all your exams you'll also need to demonstrate you have gained a minimum of three years relevant practical experience (PER) gained before, during and/or after studies.
Find out more about PER
You can then apply to be a member (face-to-face, online or by post). If awarded membership you'll be able to use the CGMA designation.