What Islamic Finance qualifications does CIMA offer?
CIMA offer a variety of qualifications to meet the requirements of most students.
The key qualifications are:
- The CIMA Diploma in Islamic Finance (CDIF)
- The CIMA Advanced Diploma in Islamic Finance (CADIF)
The CDIF comprises four modules which can be studied separately and which, if completed successfully, will result in the award of a “certificate” in that module e.g. Certificate in Islamic Commercial Law.
The CADIF comprises one module which builds on the knowledge and understanding gained while studying the CDIF.
All of the above qualifications are offered as self-study distance learning systems (taught versions do exist in some areas of the world) with assessment taking place electronically in over 4,500 assessment centres worldwide.
What do these qualifications cost?
CIMA Advanced Diploma in Islamic Finance £1,000
The CIMA Diploma in Islamic Finance £990
Individual “Certificate” modules £275
Why have you changed the pricing?
- When planning the IF provision at CIMA we always planned to have several tiers and we agreed a pricing structure was appropriate at that time.
- In the intervening period since the original certificate was launched in 2007 the market place has changed.
- CIMA believe that the new pricing structure reflects the current position of the market with regard to similar qualifications.
- Students who enrolled on the Certificate in Islamic Finance and progress onto the Advanced Diploma will be no worse off as they will be entitled to a saving of £500 on the entrance fee. The maximum that any student would pay in this situation for both qualifications is £2,000 which is almost identical to the new overall price of both the Diploma and the Advanced Diploma (£1,990).
Why are you changing the name of the Certificate in IF when the content remains the same?
The level given to any qualification should reflect both its content and the assessment. After offering the Certificate for over three years, and in the run up to launching the new Advanced Diploma in Islamic Finance, we felt this was a good time to reflect on what we had learned in relation to the standing of the Certificate.
- From the date of launch we felt that we had misnamed the Certificate, but as the guides had been printed and we had no independent corroboration that the certificate had more value, we decided to retain the certificate title.
- Those enrolled on the programme often wrote to us suggesting that the certificate outperformed other qualifications in IF that they had completed, which had higher sounding names e.g. diplomas, advanced diplomas and postgraduate diplomas.
- In 2009 an independent differentiation exercise was completed which suggested that the Certificate included more in terms of breadth and depth than most postgraduate courses.
- Competitor products, often with higher sounding names, usually have less content and are assessed less vigorously than the Certificate.
Each module of the Certificate was more like a certificate in itself.
As a result of the above we feel justified in elevating the Certificate to the level of a Diploma, on the grounds that the content, assessment and style of name reflects the qualifications correct status in comparison to that offered by others offering similar Islamic finance qualifications.
Which qualification is right for me?
The modular approach allows you to choose which level of qualification is best suited to your needs.
- If you need specialist knowledge in just one area of Islamic Finance, then we suggest you enroll onto one of the four individual certificate modules. Once you complete this module you can continue your learning and complete other certificates through to the Diploma.
- If you require a basic understanding of Islamic Finance and to feel comfortable dealing with Islamic products and institutions then we suggest you complete the Diploma (formally the certificate in Islamic Finance)
- Those wishing to become professionals working in Islamic Finance are recommended to complete the Advanced Diploma
How do I book my exams?
Regarding the booking of exams, these are arranged by you directly with your local assessment centre online. Please find your local assessment centre by accessing the link www.vue.com/cima/locate.
I am having trouble with entering my details when enrolling.
We are sorry if you are having trouble with entering/accessing your details online. Please could you send a screenshot of the problem and we will get back to you shortly with a solution.
When will I receive my study materials?
You should receive your study materials within ten working days after enrolment.