How to enter
Do not enter exams until you have received your results from the previous sitting.
Unsure about which exam you are eligible to sit?
Check our recommended order of exams
May / November paper-based exams
Paper-based exam entry for May 2013 is now closed.
All CIMA exams are available as paper-based exams in May and November.
- Read the instructions for exam entry (PDF 141KB) and paper-based exam rules and regulations (PDF 72KB).
- Log into your MY CIMA account to enter online and make payment. For help with your online account, see our online services user guide.
- You should receive confirmation of your entry by email within 24 hours. If you do not, check your exam entry in MY CIMA.
- Admission advice is available via MY CIMA approximately 1 month before the exam. You must print and bring this to your exam.
For May exams, please ensure you have paid your outstanding balance, including your subscription, by 21 March.
Details of how to make changes to exam papers and centres can be found in the 'Amendments and cancellations ' section of the instructions for exam entry.
PC-based exams and March / September ‘extra’ exams
Exam entry for PC-based T4 part B May 2013 exams is now closed.
- All operational and management level 'extra' exams are paper-based.
- Strategic level 'extra' exams are PC-based.
- T4 part B exams are available PC-based in March, May, September and November as both a first-time exam or as a resit.
Operational, management and strategic students must have previously sat or been absent from the paper at any previous sitting.
- Find and contact an exam centre that offers your exam, which will provide you with an entry form and process your entry. Please note that availability is limited and you may be required to register for a tuition course.
- Read the paper-based exam rules and regulations (PDF 72KB) or PC exam rules and regulations (PDF 59KB).
- The entry fee must be paid directly to CIMA. Log into MY CIMA and access 'My financials' and 'Settle my account'.
- Confirmation should be received by email within 48 hours of the closing date. If you do not, contact your exam centre.
- Admission advice is available via your MY CIMA account approximately two weeks before the exam. You must print and bring this to your exam.
Due to the short time between entry and the exam amendments are only possible in expectional circumstances. Please contact your exam centre.
CIMA welcomes entries from students with disabilities or special requirements. We are able to provide additional help or concessions, such as extra exam time, as appropriate to individual needs.
Find out how to apply for special requirements (PDF 24KB)
We do not accept cancellations or refund fees.