Professional exam information
Completing CIMA's professional exams (including relevant work experience) enables you to become a chartered management accountant.
You must have been exempt/passed certificate level before you can begin professional exams.
- Three pillars of exams: operational, management and strategic.
- Ten exams in total without exemptions.
- Operational and management exams can be taken in any order.
- Strategic level taken after operational and management level passed.
- You are advised to take no more than 3 exams at one sitting.
- Pass mark is 50%.
View the full syllabus (PDF 1MB)
Read our FAQs (PDF 251KB)
Main exam sittings
Main global exam sittings are in May and November each year, and are for all students worldwide.
'Extra' exam sittings
'Extra' exam sittings are available for resits and T4 part B first attempts in March and September at these centres (PDF 223KB).
Read all the information you require for the exam day.
Find out information you require after the exams, including results, feedback and appeals.