Professional exam information
Completing CIMA's professional exams (including relevant work experience) enables you to become a chartered management accountant.
You must have been exempt/passed certificate level before you can begin professional exams.
- Three pillars of exams: operational, management and strategic.
- Ten exams in total without exemptions.
- Operational and management exams can be taken in any order.
- Strategic level taken after operational and management level passed.
- You are advised to take no more than three exams at one sitting.
- Pass mark is 50%.
Download the full syllabus (PDF 619KB)
Main exam sittings
Main global exam sittings are in May and November each year, and are for all students worldwide.
'Extra' exam sittings
'Extra' exam sittings are available for resits and T4 part B first attempts in September 2014: see exam centres.
2015 Professional Qualification assessment
Read all the information you require for the exam day.
Find out information you require after the exams, including results, feedback and appeals.