CIMA has established a new centre of excellence (COE) in Southeast Asia to engage innovative research being undertaken in the local region. The COE will collaborate with universities, the public sector and key industry players in this region to ensure the areas of research and related outputs are market driven and relevant.
Outputs will include research reports and cutting edge tools and techniques that will address issues raised by the industry. These solutions will be vital in guiding critical business decisions and driving strong performance in financial and operational reality.
The research, which will be led by CIMA, will help to develop the CIMA brand within the accounting field in this region as well as increase awareness of the benefits of using management accounting tools and concepts to gain a competitive edge. It will also provide CIMA with a better understanding of employers’ needs in the region and help develop a truly global industry relevant syllabus and CPD resources appropriate for local use.
How does the COE work?
The COE will adopt the same strategy as CIMA’s research and development department and strive to ensure the same level of high calibre, industry and member relevant research that CIMA already produces.
The COE will issue a call for research grant application twice a year. These initiatives will only be available to locally based academics or practitioners.
Agreed research outputs will be published on the CIMA website.
2013 research grant scheme
We invite applications for research funding from academics and practitioners in the region in five areas:
- Developing the skills and talent to succeed.
- Turning data into insights and action.
- Sustainability for SMEs.
- Innovation and environmental accounting.
- Performance management and measurement in a social enterprise.
How to apply
To apply for the research grant, please download:
- The application form: choose either PDF (68KB) or Word (169KB) format
- Guidance notes (PDF 129KB)
- Sample contract (PDF 70KB)
For more information, please download the COE SEA research initiative flyer (PDF 105KB).
The research panel in the Southeast Asia region is represented by:
- Dr. Amirul Shah Md Shahbudin, Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) – COE Chair
- Associate Professor Dr. Christopher Durden - James Cook University (JCU), Singapore campus – COE Selection Committee Chair
- Dr. Foo Yin Fah, Sunway University, Malaysia
- Associate Professor Dr. Nafsiah Mohamed, Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM), Malaysia
- Professor Dr. Jeyapalan Kasipillai, Monash University Sunway Campus, Malaysia
- Professor Dr. Nor’azam Mastuki, Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM), Malaysia
- Associate Professor Dr. Ruhanita Maelah, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Professor Dr. Lindawati Gani, University of Indonesia (UI)
- Mr Samuel Flores Villacampa, Philippines Normal University
COE country committees have been set up to provide assistance to the COE panellists within the country that he/she was appointed. The members are:
- Dr Ali Djamhuri, Universitas Brawijaya, Malang, Indonesia
- Dr Fuad, Universitas Diponegoro, Semarang, Indonesia
- Dean Maricon Lupisan, Miriam College, Philippines
- Dr Rodiel Ferrer, De La Salle University, Philippines
CIMA will be conducting workshops on 'Increasing your chances of getting an international research fund' in the following cities:
Cebu, Philippines - 27 February 2013
Manila, Philippines - 1 March 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - 5 March 2013
Yangon, Myanmar - 12 March 2013
More information is available in this brochure (PDF 383KB).
For any queries, please contact email@example.com.
More thought leadership
See the latest CGMA and CIMA innovation tools and reports.