CIMA SE Asia will be holding a wide range of CPD events throughout 2013 in Malaysia. Download a calendar (PDF 351KB) or see upcoming events below.
To register for events, please download the CPD registration form (PDF 247KB).
National tax conference 2013
Featuring the theme ‘Managing the tax ecosystem’, this conference will cover:
- Economic challenges for Malaysia
- Tax crime
- Tax offences leading to criminal investigations
- Tax cases update
- Practical implementation of the transfer pricing rules and regulations
- Limitation of tax avoidance
- Roundtable discussion on current issues affecting taxpayers
24-25 June, Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre
Book your place
Members will enjoy preferential registration fees as follows:
- Early bird (payment received before or on 31 May 2013) - RM1300
- Normal rate (payment received after 31 May 2013) - RM1500
Closing date for registration: 10 June 2013
Please refer to the brochure (685KB) or visit the event website for more information, or contact the conference secretariat:
T. +603 (0)2162 8989
F. +603 (0)2162 8990
Ms Suchitra Mahendraraj ACMA, CGMA
Date: Wednesday 19 June 2013
Venue: CIMA SE Asia office (8 MIA CPE Hours)
Accurate financial analysis is a fundamental element of growth, strategy and overall success. Understanding how to use financial indicators and benchmarks allows you to allocate resources and evaluate potential projects for maximum return-on-investment. Financial analysis takes the guesswork out of the planning process and enables you to keep tabs on how your business is performing.
Key learning outcomes
On successful completion of this workshop, the participants are expected to be able to:
- Identify current vital financial indicators that are important to your organisation
- Comprehend financial forecasting techniques that can enable management to make truly informed decisions
- Apply methods that can improve your company's profit picture and your stockholders' investment
- Know your firm's finances and what that means for the present and future
RM150 CIMA students
RM250 CIMA members
RM420 Non members
Fee is inclusive of course materials, tea breaks and lunch.
For more information, please download the event brochure (PDF 192KB)
12 June 2013, subject to availability of seats.
Please forward all enquiries and registrations to:
CIMA SE Asia Sdn Bhd
Lot 1.05, Level 1, KPMG Tower
8 First Avenue, Bandar Utama
47800 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Ms Karen Yeap
T. 03 77 230 255
F. 03 77 230 231
Financial modelling series
In collaboration with Applied TECH People Development Sdn Bhd
Financial forecasting, what-if analysis and quick feasibility study
Date: 17-18 June, 2013
Venue: Applied TECH Learning Centre, PJX Tower, Petaling Jaya (Next to Amcrop Mall and Taman Jaya Putra LRT Station)
- Are you able to build an Excel forecasting model that supports efficient decision making?
- Is your model capable of creating different scenarios that support what-if analysis work?
- Are you able to document different scenarios easily?
In today’s fast paced world, management requires rapid information to make better business decisions. However, most finance managers find it hard to provide such support because of their role in micro finance, hence frustrating management. This hands-on course will equip you with the core competencies required to build financial models, using Excel, to support quick management decisions.
Read the course brochure (PDF964 KB)
Course fees for the above workshops:
RM1500 – CIMA students and members
RM1800 – Non members
Enquiries and registration
Contact: Albert Ng
T. +60 (0)16 221 6961
F. +60 (0)3 7661 0157