The CIMA scholarship
UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School and CIMA are delighted to offer a scholarship which covers full tuition fees for the MSc in strategic management accounting, worth up to EUR11,900.This full time programme will commence in early September 2013.
Applicants must complete a short online application form and an essay. Applications will be assessed and successful candidates will be invited for interview. The best candidate will win the overall scholarship prize.
What will you gain?
- An MSc from UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School
- Exemptions from all of CIMA's exams (except T4 part B)
- A competitive advantage that will benefit you throughout your career
- A first class or second class honours grade 1 business degree.
- Substantial prior accounting knowledge, evidenced in general by successful completion of 30 credits (eg 6 modules x 5 credits) in management accounting, financial accounting, finance, taxation and related subjects in an applicant's qualifying primary or postgraduate degree.
- Applicants must complete a short online application form and an essay.
- A panel of judges will select a short list. These candidates will be invited to interview.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Sunday 30 June 2013.
Terms and conditions of scholarship applications
1. The CIMA Scholarship is an open scholarship except for employees of UCD, CIMA, and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their immediate families, agents, or anyone connected with this scholarship.
2. The scholarship is open to those who have already submitted an application directly to UCD Smurfit School for 2013 entry to the MSc in Strategic Management Accounting.
3. The CIMA Scholarship will be awarded to the candidate deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD Smurfit School judging panel. UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award the Scholarship prize if no candidate of the required calibre is identified. The decision is final and correspondence will not be entered into.
4. Candidates should have at least a first class or second class honours grade 1 or equivalent in a business degree as well as a strong background in management accounting, financial accounting, finance, taxation and related subjects. In general, applicants are required to have successfully completed 30 credits (e.g. 6 modules x 5 credits) in these subjects in their qualifying primary or postgraduate degree.
5. Short-listed candidates will be interviewed by the judging panel.
6. The Scholarship consists of one year’s tuition fee, worth up to EUR11,900 in total.
7. The judging panel reserves the right to split the prize fund amongst winners.
8. Candidates must be available to commence the MSc in strategic management accounting programme in September 2013.
9. The Scholarship is not open to recipients of any other scholarships being awarded by UCD Smurfit School, but is open to those who have applied for 2013 entry to the programme.
10. Closing date for entries: June 30th.
11. Interviews will be scheduled in first half of July.
12. Winning candidate will be informed in second half of July.
13. Classes commence in early September 2013.
14. No cash alternative.
15. No substitutions allowed.
16. Winner must agree to participate in publicity if applicable.
17. Canvassing will disqualify.
18. Application for the scholarship means you have accepted these terms and conditions.