MSc in strategic management accounting
UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School, in close association with CIMA, is proud to offer an MSc in strategic management accounting.
The MSc in strategic management accounting provides students with a systematic and rigorous postgraduate specialisation in management accounting within the context of strategic management. This programme is fully accredited by CIMA and offers successful graduates full exemption from all CIMA exams, except the institute’s final test of professional competence (T4B).
This is a one-year full time programme, with the next commencement date in September 2013.
Who would benefit?
The MSc in strategic management accounting is intended for high ability business graduates who want to achieve long-term career success, based on a strong foundation in accountancy and specialising in management accounting. Because the programme assumes a high level of accountancy knowledge, only graduates who have completed an undergraduate or a postgraduate programme with a substantial accountancy element are eligible.
Since its introduction the MSc has attracted participants from diverse employment backgrounds including: Allianz (Darta Life); Allied Irish Banks; Certus; Connemara Seafoods; Deloitte; Delph Ltd; FFA, Chartered Accountants; Health Service Executive; Intel; Microsoft; Oracle; PwC; Procter & Gamble; Teleflex Medical Europe; WDA, Chartered Accountants; and Xerox.
What will I learn?
Successful graduates of the MSc in Strategic Management Accounting will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the most advanced techniques and tools in management accounting, management control and performance management;
- Translate and implement strategic objectives through management accounting and control systems;
- Critically appraise a management accounting and control system;
- Engage in effective communication (oral and written) on accounting and management matters;
- Engage in self-directed learning and reflective learning to enhance their personal and professional development;
- Define and implement the management accounting and control systems appropriate to the strategic needs of an organisation;
- Perform key roles in the strategic management of organisations.
Management accounting specialisation for students intending to gain the CIMA qualification
- Develops creative and analytical approach to problem solving
- Outstanding lecturers and materials
- Provides an educationally rich learning environment to study advanced management accounting
- Collaboration between the UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants ensures relevance of the programme to employers.
- At least a second class honours grade 1 (2.1) or equivalent business degree, at primary or postgraduate level.
- Applicants are required to have a strong background in management accounting, financial accounting, finance, taxation and related subjects. In general, applicants are required to have successfully completed 30 credits (e.g. 6 modules x 5 credits) in these subjects in their qualifying primary or postgraduate degree.
Apply now at the UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School.
Contact admissions team:
email@example.com | +353 1 716 8885/8058/4302 | www.smurfitschool.ie/sma