CPA (Australia) into CIMA
The agreement gives CPA members preferred access to CIMA membership, and CIMA members preferred access to CPA membership.
Preferred access to membership helps organisations improve their market competitiveness and expand career opportunities for management accountants.
Please note that members of CPA Australia or CMA Canada who are elected to CIMA membership through the 'preferred access' route after 31 January 2012 will not be eligible to use the CGMA designation.
- You join a global network of business leaders specialised in management accountancy.
- Greater job mobility, increasing your employability around the world.
- You become a chartered management accountant, allowing you to use the initials ACMA.
- You are recognised as having a management qualification as well as an accountancy qualification.
There are also numerous other advantages, including a dedicated jobs board, CPD resources, free events worldwide, and access to topical and innovative research.
To apply for CIMA membership as a CPA member, you will need the following documents:
- Membership application form (PDF 176KB).
- Letter of good standing (available from your local CPA Australia office). The letter must contain the following information:
- date joined CPA Australia
- date advanced to current status
- date up to which current membership is paid
- confirmation that you are not a member of CPA Australia by virtue of another MRA
- confirmation you are not currently under any disciplinary sanctions or investigations and have not been subject to any disciplinary sanctions in the past five years
- confirmation of completion of both the CPA programme and mentor programme.
You will need to make an application for CIMA membership and then pay an annual subscription fee. See the latest list of fees.
How to apply
Complete all of the above documentation and send to:
Application for membership
26 Chapter Street
If you have any queries, please call our contact centre on +44 (0)20 8849 2551.