CIMA offers a reduced subscription fee (GBP64 for 2013) to members facing difficulties. This is known as remission of fees.
Please note that students are not eligible for a reduction in the subscription.
The following criteria are used to assess remission applications. Members who are receiving no income from employment can request the lower remission subscription fee.
This would include:
- Raising a family.
- Those experiencing unemployment.
- Those who have re-entered full-time education to obtain a further qualification relevant to the field of accountancy.
- Prolonged illness – where illness prevents gainful employment for a period of not less than three months.
- Full time carers caring for disabled children/parents/partners.
- Voluntary services / VSO of two years maximum (after which proof may be required).
- Retired members who do not meet the stated CIMA retired members criteria.
If you wish to apply for remission, please complete this PDF (12KB), scan it and email it to email@example.com.