Recording your CPD
To record your CPD activities, you can:
- Use our CPD planner
- Use our recording templates - Word or PDF versions.
- See our sample templates
- Provide confirmation of being on an accredited employer scheme
- Use a completed employer's appraisal form or personal development plan *
- Use a CPD record form provided for another professional body*
- Use a record form in a format of your own choice*.
* You must demonstrate that you've followed each step of the CIMA professional development cycle.
You need to record all activity and explain how it meets your goals. If an activity doesn't meet your goals, make a record of it and identify another way of learning more about that subject.
If you are chosen in our CPD monitoring process, you will need to submit your CPD record in one of our approved formats, ensuring that you have followed each step of the CPD cycle. Initially, you are required to give evidence of CPD activities for the previous 12 months.
All members should keep CPD records for three years. You don't need to include copies of course certificates (or equivalent) to verify CPD undertaken.