Rules of the competition
When you register to take part in the Global Business Challenge, you agree to comply with the rules and terms of the competition (below).
Please note that where a team member provides data relating to friends, family or other team members, CIMA will assume that it is provided with their full knowledge and consent.
Eligibility and team rules
- The competition is open to full time or part time students who are undergraduates or equivalent, studying in universities, colleges or education institutions, doing their first degree, at the point of registration.
- Each team must have four members (this can be any combination of full time and part time undergraduates as stated above).
- There can be up to two members per team who are currently also studying or holding a professional qualification, or up to four members who are studying CIMA: two or more at Certificate or Operations level, a maximum of two at Management or Strategic level
- No postgraduates or MBA holders will be eligible to participate in this competition.
- All members of a team must belong to the same university / institution.
- Each student may join only one team.
- Mentors or supervisors are not mandatory to form a team.
- There must be a team leader in each team.
- CIMA's decision is final should there be any discrepancy.
Terms and conditions
- Failure to comply with any rules, terms and conditions of the competition may result in the participating team's disqualification and/or the forfeit of the team's prize; the prize will be awarded to another winner.
- All participants shall agree to allow their names and photographs to be used for publicity purposes by CIMA during and after the competition.
- CIMA holds the intellectual property rights for all materials submitted by the participating teams for the competition.
- CIMA will not be responsible for submitted material lost in transit.
- Participants (the four members of the team) must be available to travel locally or abroad to participate in the subsequent stages of the competition if necessary.
- Participants must be punctual at the competition; those who arrive late in any competition related activities will be automatically disqualified.
- All material submitted must be participants' own work.
- Any kind of plagiarism is strictly prohibited and will lead to disqualification of participants. Duplication of the thoughts or work of another source must be referenced.
- The judges' decision is final and no appeals will be entertained.
- CIMA reserves the right to modify or amend the prizes, rules, terms and conditions of the competition at any time.
Have a question?
View our frequently asked questions (PDF 48KB)
Check out the challenge material you need and the format to follow.