Case study and format
The first stage of the CIMA Global Business Challenge is to prepare a 3000 word report based on the GBC 2013 case study and scenario.
The GBC 2013 case study can be found here. Once you have completed the full registration process for your team, you’ll receive a confirmation email with a link directing you to the scenario. You should analyse the case study based on the scenario given.
Download the GBC 2013 case study (PDF 453Kb)
Tips for preparing your report
View examples of past reports for inspiration:
View our video on tips and techniques for the 2013 case study:
Considering business ethics in your report is also vital - watch our ethics animation for guidance:
- Format: All reports must be submitted electronically in MS Word 2007 or PDF format.
- Layout: Left aligned, 1.5pt spacing, 1 inch margin on all sides.
- Font: All reports must be written in Arial, 12pt.
- Word count: 3000 words (cover page, contents page and appendices do not contribute to the word count).
- Cover page: Team name, name of participants, name of university and report title must be clearly written on the cover page.
- Five minute introduction - this will include a 2 minute introduction video (requirements and specification will be available to all shortlisted teams).
- 20 minute presentation on the case study.
- 10 minute Q&A session.
- All presentations must be presented using MS PowerPoint 2007.
- The two page synopsis should be a shortened version of your report, which gives some background information and key facts that support your presentation. It will be given to the judges prior to your presentation.
- The synopsis must be submitted electronically in MS Word 2007 or PDF format.
- It must be written in Arial, 12pt, left aligned, 1.0pt spacing, 1 inch margin on all sides.
- The deadline date for each region varies. Check the deadline dates here.
- Regional/ country final: To submit your report email your GBC representative or local office. Please refer to your regional page for the relevant email address.
- Global final: The introduction video, presentation slides, along with the two page synopsis, must be submitted to your local CIMA office which will then be sent to the corporate centre by the published date.
- Global final: team profile and university (or equivalent) profile must be submitted to your local CIMA office which will then be sent to the corporate centre.
- Please note: changes cannot be made once materials are submitted to CIMA.
Requirements may vary slightly by region. Please refer to your regional page for more information.
Find out if you are eligible to take part in the GBC.