Event type: Mastercourse
Who will benefit
- Members of the finance team who are becoming more involved with budgetary control.
- Non-financial staff who are, or are soon to be, involved in setting budgets and/or have budgetary responsibility and accountability.
What you can gain
- A detailed understanding of the different types of budget and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- An understanding of the issues arising in a budget process and how these can be addressed.
- A practical hands on case study of how a budget is put together and the likely areas for challenge and critique.
- A 'jargon buster' to deal with the terminology and definitions within a budgetary control system.
- The purpose of planning, budgeting and budgetary control.
- The master budget, the income budget, the capital budget, the cash flow budget and the relationship between them.
- The various types of budget and their application including zero base budgeting, flexible budgeting and activity-based budgeting.
- The derivation and agreement of assumptions.
- Variance analysis and reporting.
- A hands on practical case study to work through to further develop an understanding of budgetary control.
- Re-forecasting and how companies are approaching this in an uncertain environment.
- Consideration of the behavioural issues that can arise in a budgeting process.
- An insight into the 'beyond budgeting' school of thought.
CIMA Mastercourses held in partnership with BPP
Find out more
If you have any queries please email or phone us on +44 (0)845 026 4722.
CIMA on demand
CIMA on demand is a high quality online professional development solution, specifically designed for busy finance and business professionals. Find out more