US GAAP - introduction
Event type: Mastercourse
Despite having a great deal of common purpose and common concepts, the accounting principles in Europe and the US can lead to markedly different financial statements.
CIMA members and students should log in to their MY CIMA account before placing their booking in order to receive the appropriate discounts.
9 December 2014 - 09:30
Price: GBP 599.00
Member price: £539. CDS member price: £415. Plus VAT on all prices.
Who will benefit
Those dealing with US parent or subsidiary organisations who have very little or no experience of US GAAP and need a basic understanding of the key differences between US and UK GAAP.
What you can gain
- An overview of the workings of US GAAP.
- An understanding of the significant differences between accounting principles followed in the US and in the UK.
- An outline of the US regulatory background, together with specific matters affecting the balance sheet, the income statement and key disclosures.
- The US regulatory environment.
- The format and contents of financial statements under US GAAP.
- Commonly encountered balance sheet issues.
- Commonly encountered income statement issues.
- Disclosure issues.
- The' roadmap' for convergence between IFRS and US GAAP.
More complex standards are covered in US GAAP - advanced.
CIMA members and students should log in to their MY CIMA account in order to receive the appropriate discounts.
The course starts at 9.30am. Lunch and refreshments are included.
6 CPD hours (where applicable)
CIMA Mastercourses held in partnership with BPP
Find out more
If you have any queries please email or phone us on +44 (0)845 026 4722.
CIMA on demand
CIMA on demand is a high quality online professional development solution, specifically designed for busy finance and business professionals. Find out more