Investment appraisal - introduction
Event type: Mastercourse
Getting investment decisions right
CIMA members and students should log in to their MY CIMA account before placing their booking in order to receive the appropriate discounts.
13 November 2014 - 09:30
Price: GBP 599.00
Member price: £539. CDS member price: £415. CIPD member price: £539. CIPD members should complete and return the booking form below under comments. Plus VAT on all prices.
Who will benefit
Senior executives, managers and accountants in both the private and public sectors needing a fundamental knowledge of investment appraisal used to support decisions about capital expenditure
If you are a CIPD member and would like to book your place on this course, please download and complete the booking form and email it back to us. Please ensure you include your CIPD membership number in order to receive the discount.
What you can gain
Knowledge of how to:
- decide whether to proceed with a capital purchase or project (by using techniques such as net present value, payback and return on investment)
- perform investment appraisal calculations
- deal with real life complications such as changing interest rates, irregular cash flows, relevant cash flows, working capital cash flows, inflation and taxation.
You can develop your knowledge of the topic further in Investment appraisal in practice
- Basic investment appraisal techniques including discounted cash flow analysis.
- How to develop these techniques.
- How to take account of real life complications in investment appraisal.
Examples and case studies are included in order for you to put the techniques into practice.
CIMA members and students should log in to their MY CIMA account in order to receive the appropriate discounts.
The course starts at 9.30am. Lunch and refreshments are included.
6 CPD hours (where applicable)
CIMA Mastercourses held in partnership with BPP
Find out more
If you have any queries please email or phone us on +44 (0)845 026 4722.
CIMA on demand
CIMA on demand is a high quality online professional development solution, specifically designed for busy finance and business professionals. Find out more