Below you will find small business advice for North America. You may also want to review the global resources available for more information.
Want to recommend a resource? Email CIMA with your suggestions.
- SBA.Gov: US Small Business Administration guidance on starting and managing a business
- American Institute of CPAs (AICPA): the AICPA works with the US Small Business Administration to help Americans start, build and grow their small businesses.
- Canada Business: Comprehensive information on starting a business in Canada and covering provincial requirements. Includes extensive links to further government websites and covers areas such as grants, financing, statistics, regulations and permits.
- Service Canada: Government services for starting a small business in Canada including financing, intelectual property, seed capital and women's enterprise centres.
- Industry Canada: Canadian industry information by sector including regulations and links to sector directories.
- Service Ontario (ONe-Source): Ontario government portal providing guidance on government services, forms and information needed to start and operate a business. Ability to search by business type and locate resources from many levels of government.
- Western Economic Diversification Canada: Services for businesses in Western Canada.
- Small Business Finance Centre: A one stop source to access all federal and provincial assistance programmes (grants and loans) for small businesses.
- CanadaOne: Canadian small business news, events, articles and information.