CGMA: the new global standard
Elevating management accounting
Two of the world’s most prestigious accounting bodies, AICPA and CIMA, have formed a joint venture to establish the Chartered Global Management Accountant ® (CGMA®) designation.
The designation recognises the most talented and committed management accountants with the discipline and skill to drive strong business performance. The route to the CGMA designation includes a combination of exams, experience and is educationally equivalent to a master’s degree.
CGMA® professionals are business strategists who can link the board’s objectives and the rest of your organisation, guiding critical business decisions and creating sustainable business success.
- They build on financial accounting, adding value through their understanding of how the different parts of a business come together.
- They take a strategic perspective, looking outside the organisation and to the future.
- They manage performance, challenge constructively and provide an objective view informed by their ethical standards. With their business insight, CGMAs can translate complex information and communicate it effectively.
- They enable their organisations to act entrepreneurially – to solve problems, take the right decisions, fund them properly and implement them successfully.
- They embody adaptability, mobility and leadership. And when opportunities arise within different parts of your organisation, CGMAs have the relevant skills and determination to move to other departments within the company and around the world.
- They are true business leaders who bring incisive thinking to your leadership team.
Two routes to success
CIMA – around the world
Your employees will progress through the CIMA Professional Qualification. Those who obtain the qualification, and meet the professional experience criteria, will become a Chartered Global Management Accountant® (CGMA®) designation holder.
AICPA – United States only
The CGMA designation complements the US CPA credential. US CPAs can obtain the designation by meeting management accounting experience requirements, in addition to the exam and experience requirements of earning the US CPA credential.
Both pathways are supported by product and service portfolios that ensure your people are equipped to navigate business challenges. The AICPA and CIMA support and encourage sustainable business growth and outstanding performance with both instructor-led and online learning experiences, in-depth research, tools and techniques. In addition, employer accreditation programmes are offered to help you support your staff while they obtain the skills that will drive your business growth.